So we've been spending some time getting ready for Halloween. I'm not a big decorator for that holiday. Too many witches and ghosts aren't really my thing. But I do like pumpkins on my porch steps. Mira and I went to pick up a pumpkin today, and Chris carved a great face into it. Now I'm drying out some seeds to toast. It's a great fall treat! We love to make our "harvest blend" in the fall, our little nod to Chris's late grandma, Beverly. Peanuts and candy corn in a bowl. You can't beat it! But I made it last weekend and we went through two jars of it in about 3 days, so no more of that in the house. It's addictive!
Here are some random photos. We're doing crafts in the house to pass the time and Mira really enjoys playing learning games on sesamestreet.org on the computer. She's really getting good at navigating the games by herself, and she uses the computer mouse with relative ease. Amelia is enjoying her exersaucer and Bumbo seat more, which keeps her head off the floor. We're working on keeping her upright when possible to get her head to round out a little.
It's a nice fall!
Michelle
2 comments:
Yum!!! Pumpkin seeds! They're my favorite. Great pumpkin! I'm not that crafty. The girls are beautiful. Amelia looks so big sitting on the step.
Heidi Sue
Oh what adorable pictures of the kids!! Amelia looks so big!!! I really liked the pumpkin carving..Chris did a great job!! Love you all, Grandma
Post a Comment