Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Again with the butt?

Mira was watching "Sid the Science Kid" today and they were learning about smells. Mira held out her finger and said, "Mom, what do you smell?"

"I don't know," I said. "Where was your finger?"

"Not . . . in my butt!" Uggh. The "joys" of a 4-year-old.


And in other news, Amelia got her first "shiner" today. She's walking pretty good, but is still a little unsteady. She fell near the coffee table and got an eyeful of the corner. Fortunately, it was a rounded corner. Unfortunately, it was hard wood. She took it very well and didn't cry too much. I hate to have to explain this at daycare tomorrow!


Here's a photo of Amelia in the neighbor's backyard. She really is a mischievous little girl! And so funny. She doesn't tell jokes or anything, but there is a little glint in her eye and she really knows how to get into trouble! We think she'll be "the funny one"!

4 comments:

The Jahnkes said...

mira is so funny. from logan I get knock knock jokes like- kk- whos there- poopy head- poopy head who- then histarical laughter. that last pic of amelia looks just like you.

kristofer and ivy said...

oh, no! Bummer about the eye. Piper did something similar at a wedding last summer. She fell face-first into the leg of a chair at the reception. =(

She recovers pretty quickly from those injuries; Mama and Daddy do not.

kristofer and ivy said...

p.s. I love the new graphic at the top of the blog! Where did you find the image?

The Jahnkes said...

I think you have that same pic of Mira about that age in that same neighbors playhouse