Saturday, October 04, 2008

Swimming lessons/fun at the park

Today was Mira's first swimming lesson! She really enjoyed it. They put the kids in little inner tubes, had them throw a toy, then they would paddle to it. She did really well and is looking forward to the next lesson on Saturday.


I had planned to take the girls to an apple orchard this afternoon, but Amelia slept a bit later than usual. (Actually, all THREE of us fell asleep [Chris is out of town this weekend] and we ALL slept later than I thought.) So I took the girls to a large park about 3 miles from our house. Mira made a friend named Lilli there who was also 4 years old. It was a beautiful afternoon and we ended up staying about 1 1/2 hours at the park. We'll have to go again soon. Mira is really hoping we run into Lilli again so we can schedule a playdate.


Just lazing around at home:


Kisses for daddy!


Milk mustache!

2 comments:

The Jahnkes said...

love the pics- I can't believe how blonde Amelia's hair is getting. glad Mira likes her swimming lessons- its sooo important

Martha said...

I am so glad she is going to swimming lessons now!! So glad she loves to go!! Cute pictures of Amelia too! Love you, Grandma