Every day that passes brings us one day closer to spring and warmer weather. And I firmly believed we earned it this year! We are longing for walks after dinner, eating on the deck, visiting our park. We'll still read books and paint, like we've been doing a lot of this winter, but getting some nice fresh air will also feel good.
Feel the love!
Mira has taken a big interest in the Ramona series by Beverly Cleary, so we read that a bit at night. I love talking to her and listening to her stories. There is often a tall tale in her stories, which I believe is common for her age. Talking to Mira is like talking to a little adult. Mira is also learning addition at her daycare. She'll come home, hold up some fingers and show off her newest skill.
An excerpt:
"Two plus two is four. That's math."
"Three plus three is six. That's math."
"Four plus four is eight. That's math."
"Five plus five is ten. That's math."
I love seeing how proud she is each time. And I really love the "that's math" at the end of each addition!
And I got a nice case of strep throat. Yay. Now I know what that weird rash and my recent headaches are from. So I'm on the qt for a while as I take my antibiotics. Pray the kids and Chris don't get it!
Have a great March!
No comments:
Post a Comment