Friday, February 19, 2010

Obsession and Thai food

Amelia is still super obsessed with her "pink princess jammies." As soon as she takes off her coat and boots when we come home, she runs upstairs to put them on. It's really helped her to learn how to get dressed and undressed by herself. The motivation to wear these princess jammies is high! The only problem is on the weekends if we run an errand in the morning. Amelia wants to put these jammies on as soon as we get home, even if it's 10:00 in the morning! And God forbid if they are dirty! We need to sneak them in the wash and have them clean and dried before she notices they are gone or she asks about them constantly until they emerge from the dryer, ready for another wearing.
Mira is gearing up toward her 100th day of kindergarten on Thursday. It's a big deal at her school. We need to bring 100 food items (she picked Lucky Charms) for the community trail mix at school. And another 100 of any other item (she picked popcorn kernels) to show what 100 items look like. She better be able to count to 1oo after this!

Last week, I took two community education classes: a jewelry-making class and a Thai cooking class. They were both really fun! I made a necklace for Mira, which she wore to school the next day and ended up bringing it home (unstrung) in an envelope. When I asked her how it broke, she said it "just fell off." I know I didn't make it that poorly, but she's sticking to her story that it just broke with no provocation from her. My jewelry-making confidence is shot!

The Thai cuisine class results were much more favorable. I made a Pad Thai for the family the next night and it was a big hit! Delicious, citrus-y, peanut-y, cilantro-y. Yum! There are many more cooking classes in the schedule. I'll have to look into another one (italian, perhaps?). Here are the fruits of my labor. It tasted as yummy as it looked!

Chris started his job at Target a couple weeks ago and is getting into the rhythm of the work day. He takes the bus, like I do, into downtown each day. It's fun to meet for lunch with him again!

Tomorrow we head to Rochester to celebrate Annabelle's and Nicholas' birthdays! Will be fun to see my family again. I'll post photos from the party soon.

2 comments:

The Jahnkes said...

food looks good. glad you liked the class. I will help you with the jewelry when I get back

Martha said...

Wow!! Maybe you could make it when we come up in March!! Love, Mom