Sunday, July 04, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

A little weatherman told us that it was supposed to rain today, so Randy and Terrie had their annual 4th of July party on Saturday this year. And what a beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful day it was! (And I'm so glad it was yesterday for it's pouring out as I write this post on Sunday morning.)

Our happy hosts!
Amelia enjoyed some quiet time on a raft:
Loving the water on a hot day:
Amelia let Chris take her out on the jet ski . . . and then promptly told him to bring her back in! She's not too adventurous.
Mira was high-flying from Uncle Matt:
Mira and her cousins rode on the Seadoo behind the pontoon:
Jumping off the dock using the springboard:
Just enjoying the view. I love this suit of Amelia's. It reminds me of the bloomers they used to wear in the 1930s.
Amelia and grandpa Randy on the hammock:
Amelia on her third dessert!
Mira's first taste of a sparkler. She was a little unsure of it, like I was when I was a kid.
Amelia tried a sparkler too!
All in all, the weather was beautiful and it was a spectacular fireworks show at the end of the evening. Thirteen boats were docked in our bay to watch our show, put on by Chris's cousin Travis and his friend and a couple other houses. It was the best fireworks show the lake has seen yet!

Many thanks to Randy and Terrie for another wonderful summer holiday. It was great fun!

3 comments:

The Jahnkes said...

It Really was a perfect day to be on the water yesterday. We are looking forward to joining you up there labor day weekend

Bakken Board said...

What an adorable picture of Amelia and her dessert! I love it.

Martha said...

You really had a lot of great pictures of the fourth!! The girls look like they are having a really fun time...Glad they had it the day before...Love, Mom