Monday, May 21, 2007

Mira's birthday party

Hello! Sorry for the lack of posts lately, but our camera battery keeps draining and we are waiting for a new one to arrive, so no photos this week. But I did borrow Mom and Dad's camera at Mira's birthday party, so I have a few to post from her party on Saturday. (There is something wrong with that camera, though, and it takes blurry photos. I'll have to figure that out!) So pardon the blurry photos.

We had Mira's party on Saturday, but her actual birthday is this Saturday on the 26th. We will have a 3 year old on our hands! I can't believe it. She seems so much older than that. I think she's really 2 going on 5. Have you seen that commercial for the cell phone service with the mom and the little girl who is texting too much and she says, "I D K, my BFF Jill?" That is Mira in about 5 years! A little sassy already.

Mira's party was fun. All the siblings and grandparents came. Well, except for Kelly who has yet to make an appearance at Mira's birthday parties! We'll have to remedy that next year! We miss you! So we did the traditional cake and lunch, presents and party favors. The kids all brought their swimsuits and played in the pool on the deck all afternoon. It was nice and 82 degrees that day . . . then drops to low 60s the next day, so we were grateful the party was on the warm day!

Here are some photos of the party. I'll be sure to post more when our camera is working. Amelia is doing really well and sleeps and eats like a champ! She sleeps for nice 3-4 hour stretches at night, so Chris and I are feeling pretty rested. Her alertness is increasing and she's generally a calm baby. We feel very blessed with our two little girls!

Love, Michelle




Here's a photo of Jeff and Nicholas. I couldn't believe how big he had gotten in the last two months since I've seen him. And Nicholas grew quite a bit too! :-)



1 comment:

Martha said...

Loved all the pictures of the party!! We had a great time..Officially Mira is three today..Happy Birthday Mira..Love you and baby Amelia! See you soon, Love Grandma