Hello from Orlando! We arrived today around 11:30 am, made the prereqisite stop at Target, had lunch, and finally made it to the hotel. We unpacked, took a walk to one of the hotel pools. Scary, scary moment: Mira was in the kiddie pool, then decided she wanted to go in the big pool. We told her to wait a minute while we got Amelia in the stroller and gathered our stuff. Not even 15 seconds later, I looked around and didn't see Mira. I ran to the big pool in time to see Mira struggling in the water in the deep end (5 feet). A woman jumped in fully clothed and grabbed her right before the lifeguard ran over. I have to say it was the scariest moment of my life. We had a long talk with Mira about the dangers of water and why she needs to listen. The worst part is, I thought I knew Mira and that she would never jump in the pool without me there. I guess I was wrong. Needless to say, please watch your kids near the water for they can get into trouble in seconds, and Mira will be getting swimming lessons this winter.
Tomorrow we head to Magic Kingdom to see all the great characters Mira knows. Mira is looking forward to getting her "Mouse Ears." I think it will be a great day if we take it at the kids' pace and don't get too overwhelmed. WIll try to post photos in a day or two, not sure we'll have Internet access every day.
Michelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Michelle, that is so scary. I did the same thing as a child when I was at resort with my family. Thankfully a lady pulled me out of the water before I even knew I was in danger. I remember jumping in and floating under the water looking at all the legs swimming. And then this arm reached down and pulled me out. My parents didn't even know I was missing.
I hope the rest of your vacation is scare-free and relaxing!
oh Shit.. that would scare the crap out of me. hope you bought that lady a drink for doing that. thank god she is ok.
Thank God Mira is alright! What a scare you had. It gives me goose bumps and tears to even think about what could happened. We love you all so much! Have a great rest of vacation, give the kids a hug from Great Auntie Val. Love, Val
Oh Lord...We are so thankful for the lady that was by the pool and jumped in!! I can't imagine how very scary it was for all of you!! We love you!!! Grandma
Post a Comment