We took the ferry back to San Francisco, too tuckered to ride back, plus we had tickets to a night tour of Alcatraz so we needed to get back for that.
Alcatraz was a wonderful time as well. It was so interesting to take the guided tour and learn all about the workings of the penetentiary. I found it interesting that the guards lived on the island, along with their wives and children! I don't think you could pay me enough to live that close to some of the most dangerous people in the country. If you ever have the chance to visit San Fran, Alcatraz is a must!
Monday was also packed with a cable car ride to Union Station and lots of shopping! Then Sarah and I took the bus to her friend Jessica's house on the northwest side of SF. I think we covered every mode of transportation available to us! Jessica took us on this beautiful hike to The Cliff House, where we had dessert right on the edge of the water. Beautiful views!
A game of Scrabble followed (I won!) and dinner at Houstons, right across from Pier 33. We also saw Robin Williams' house:
AND, if you are curious, Jessica is a fantastic crafter who has an etsy store. Check it out if you have the time! I love the onsies!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5853388
Tuesday brought us home, but not before one more walk to the Wharf to see the seals. Uggh, they smelled so bad! They just hang out there all the time.
I'm really glad to be back home, as great as the trip was. I missed my girls and Chris quite a bit! But it is nice to get away once in a while.
6 comments:
Sounds like you had a fantastic time. I've been to San Fran three times....did you walk up and/or down the crookedest street? that too is quite a hike up.
I took the guided tour of Alcatraz twice...once with Steph (your cousin)...that is truly a sobering experience to think of all the hard criminals being locked up there. after I toured, I came home and of course, watched the movie of the great escape..saying-oooh I was there!!
there is so much to do on the wharf...shopping and vendors oh the fun. We took the street car over the bridge and for someone who is very/extremely/terribly afraid of heights...I think I held up pretty well.
I'm glad you had a good time and glad you had a safe and memorable trip...thanks for sharing your trip.
PS I'm glad you found your orange purse!
Love you
Auntie Deb
gosh - great pictures! They remind me so much of when I went to San Fran. How long was the bike ride across the bridge? I remember walking to Sausalito (for ice cream) and back, but I couldn't tell you how long that took.
Great idea about a September playdate!
so glad you had a great time- It looks so cool there. I would love to go to SF someday. love the idea of biking across the bridge. what an adventure.
Kelly,
When you come back, you and I are going to take one trip a year, just a nice long weekend, just the two of us. Sound like a plan? We can take turns picking the location.
m.
sounds like a great idea. will do
Oh what a great adventure in San Francisco!! Really loved all your pictures and stories of your trip!! The Golden Gate Bridge looks so huge!!! Love you, Mom
Post a Comment