Monday, November 02, 2009

Homework, homework


Mira had her first official homework assignment today. We've had a few things that we needed to do at home, but this is the first one we've needed to turn back in. Mira opted to watch a TV show first, then dive right in. It's fun seeing her doing "grown-up" things like homework. Doesn't she look older and wiser than her 5 1/2 years?

Regarding the homework scene, I think our kids will be lucky because Chris and I are opposite in our scholastic strengths. Between the two of us, we have most subjects covered pretty well. Yes!

We are still trying to figure out if Mira is right- or left-handed. I asked her teacher, Mrs. Hill, at our conferences, and she said she still didn't know. Mira uses both pretty equally!

2 comments:

The Jahnkes said...

love all the new pics- the chairs look great. glad the kids had a great time on Halloween and so sorry you were sick all weekend. Glad you have all the subjects covered- but did you know they are teaching math different- yup- you might want to check it out.

Martha said...

Mira is a little scholar!! I hope she likes to read like her mother...Love, Grandma